When you look youthful on the outside, you'll feel younger and more energetic on the inside.
There comes a time in many of our lives when we decide we'd like to rejuvenate the face we see in the mirror. Fortunately, there are a number of very effective anti-aging treatments available for our Kansas City patients, including both non-surgical and surgical options for a wide spectrum of needs. At Associated Plastic Surgeons, our doctors and licensed estheticians work together to create custom treatment plans to help each patient achieve his or her own goals.
If you live around Kansas City and want more information about anti-aging treatments, call our office at (913) 451-3722. You can also request your consultation online to schedule an appointment. We offer complimentary consultations for all cosmetic procedures.
Explore Your Options
The first tier of anti-aging and anti-wrinkle treatments we offer in the Kansas City area comprises non-surgical options. Our estheticians specialize in performing many of these treatments, which are less invasive, but still very effective. In addition to being very warm and compassionate, our estheticians are medically licensed and have years of experience in skin care. They are ideally suited for patients who want to develop a long-term aesthetic plan, as well as those who just want a quick, effective treatment.
During a consultation with an esthetician, our patients discuss their cosmetic goals as well as practical concerns such as cost and necessary downtime. The esthetician then makes treatment recommendations that fit with the patients' goals and lifestyles.
Our non-surgical options are great for patients who have less extensive signs of aging, such as superficial wrinkles, fine lines, volume loss or skin discoloration. The treatments can help slow the aging process for those who are not yet ready to commit to surgery. These options include:
- BOTOX® Cosmetic injections treat wrinkles around the eyes, including crow's feet and lines between the brows, for an alert, rejuvenated look.
- Injectable fillers such as JUVÉDERM®, Restylane®, and Sculptra® Aesthetic can be used to replace lost volume around the face, filling in wrinkles and adding youthful plumpness.
- Skin care treatments, including chemical peels, laser and light treatments, microdermabrasion, facials, and even hand treatments can brighten your skin, fade age spots, and reduce fine wrinkles.
- Skin care products for patients to use at home can help renew, maintain, and protect the skin, as well as enhance the results of an in-office procedure.
If your signs of aging are more advanced and include sagging and laxity, a surgical procedure may be more appropriate for you. Many of our patients also elect both surgical and non-surgical procedures for a comprehensive anti-aging approach. Our surgeons can evaluate your skin and recommend a treatment plan. Our anti-aging surgeries include:
- Facelift surgery addresses sagging tissue in the lower two-thirds of the face, tightening loose skin and jowls and improving the appearance of the neck.
- Brow lift surgery addresses the top third of the face, repositioning drooping brows and minimizing the appearance of forehead creases.
- Eyelid surgery is a relatively simple procedure that can include the upper or lower eyelids or both. Excess skin can be removed and fat repositioned to make the eyes look brighter and more alert.