You didn’t see them coming, but suddenly, there they are: facial lines and wrinkles that make you look years older than you are. Like many people in their late 20s or older, you’re unhappy with the way you look. So you begin searching for a safe, easy way to erase those lines and restore a younger, fresher look. Have you looked into Botox Cosmetic?
Lines and wrinkles are natural. But you don’t have to live with them.
Over time, smiling and frowning cause facial lines and wrinkles. Botox treatments can quickly eradicate those crow’s feet, frown lines, and lines and furrows on your forehead. At Associated Plastic Surgeons, we most frequently recommended Botox treatments for men and women who want to correct:
- Lines between the eyebrows.
- Forehead creases.
- Crow’s feet.
Botox Cosmetic is FDA-approved and widely used.
The popularity of Botox treatment for erasing facial lines and furrows has grown dramatically since the FDA approved it for cosmetic use in 2002. According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, in 2016 alone, more than 7 million Botox procedures were performed, and today, Botox is consistently one of the top five nonsurgical cosmetic procedures performed each year.
How Botox treatment works.
Botox is prescription medication that is used to relax the muscles responsible for creating frown lines. Botox blocks the release of a chemical called acetylcholine which triggers the muscle contractions that create wrinkles. When injected in the appropriate locations, Botox smooths and diminishes the appearance of wrinkles.
Here’s why so many people in Kansas City choose Botox.
- Botox is safe and FDA-approved. The FDA has approved Botox as safe for cosmetic use, and although the main application for Botox treatment is cosmetic, physicians have also used Botox to safely treat migraines, depression, TMJ and other ailments.
- Botox treatment is a nonsurgical procedure. Botox treatment is noninvasive, so there’s minimal discomfort, no special aftercare and no recovery time. You can return to your regular activities immediately following treatment.
- Botox treatment is fast and easy. Each treatment takes only about 15 minutes. At Associated Plastic Surgeons, we perform this treatment in our Leawood office.
Why Kansas City patients choose Associated Plastic Surgeons.
Our plastic surgeons have in-depth knowledge, experience and skill, so you can expect the best possible results. Our surgeons will customize your procedure depending on whether you want dramatic or subtle changes. We offer complimentary consultations for all cosmetic procedures. Call us at (913) 451-3722 or request your consultation online to schedule an appointment.
What to expect.
- You’ll meet with one of our plastic surgeons for a consultation and evaluation to determine whether you are a good candidate for Botox.
- If the treatment is right for you, we will make an appointment for you at our Leawood office.
- At your appointment, your surgeon will mark the areas to be treated and may also apply a topical numbing cream to the skin for added comfort.
- Botox is then gently and strategically administered using a thin, delicate needle. This process is not usually uncomfortable and takes only minutes.
- Once finished, you are free to return to your normal activities without restriction.
- While experiences vary, you should see results gradually, with final results appearing over the next week. The skin appears smoother and looks younger, with less noticeable lines and wrinkles.
- Botox injections are most effective when repeated every few months, depending on individual needs.
Seeing is believing. If you’ve seen the results of a friend’s Botox treatment, you know how effectively it restores their youthful appearance. You can view real, unretouched photos of our previous patients at our online photo gallery. Keep in mind that every patient is unique, and your results may vary.
Cost of Botox treatments.
The cost of Botox treatment varies according to the number of areas treated. For treatment of one area, the cost can be between $240 and $500. Payment plans are available. Call us at (913) 451-3722 to learn more.