A tummy tuck is a cosmetic procedure that can improve the look of your stomach. Throughout life, as you gain and lose weight, often in the case of pregnancy, you can have the remanences of fatty tissue and excess skin that will not go away naturally. A tummy tuck in Overland Park is the perfect procedure to get the results of a flat stomach.
Who are the best candidates?
- Someone close to their ideal weight but just can’t seem to get rid of excess skin or fat due to pregnancy or weight gain.
- A person who has lost a large amount of weight and can’t seem to shed those final few pounds.
- Someone who is relatively healthy and shows no major risks of heart disease or other serious medical conditions.
- A person who is finished having children in their lifespan and needs help losing those final few pounds.
At Associated Plastic Surgeons, we have the best tummy tuck surgeons in Overland Park that can answer any questions you might have about this procedure. Here are a few other things to consider before taking the leap into having a tummy tuck in Overland Park.
- It will take time to heal. Many people go through the procedure and don’t realize that recovery will take some time. You can expect swelling, scabs, and pain for the first few weeks after surgery. Surgery scars are not pretty, but they will heal, and everything will eventually be as you dreamed, just not on day one. Full recovery time and picture-ready stomach will usually be six months out from the surgery. But some people don’t see the full results for up to a year. Although it is somewhat painful, with a longer recovery, most patients are thrilled with the results and glad they decided to make the positive body change for themselves.
- There will be some pain. Like any procedure, even with the best tummy tuck surgeons in Overland Park, there will be some rough points. Sitting, standing, laughing, sneezing are all things that will require great care at the beginning of your recovery. Your doctor will make sure you have pain medication so that your healing process is the least amount of pain possible.
- Rest is essential during the healing process. So many patients try to go back to their normal life right away, and these patients are the ones with the most complications after surgery. Resting, eating healthy, and drinking fluids should be your top priorities for a few weeks.
At Associated Plastic Surgeons, we offer the best tummy tucks in Overland Park, and we understand the need to be happy with your body and becoming your best self. Contact us today at 913-451-3722 or visit our website to sign up for a consultation so that you can start planning your procedure soon.