So what is liposuction?
It is a procedure that surgically and safely sucks fat from your stomach, thighs, buttocks, neck, chin, arms, and back. The fat is removed from a tiny tube under the surface of the skin. Although there are risks such as infection and scarring, the benefits far outweigh the risks.
One important thing to remember about this procedure; It is not a weight-loss method. It is one of the last resorts for people that have achieved weight loss but have a stubborn fat deposit that doesn’t seem to go away despite diet and exercise. It also doesn’t get rid of things such as stretch marks or dimples but enhances the shape of the body.
Who are the best candidates for liposuction in Kansas City?
There are certain medical conditions that can be treated using liposuction. If you are dealing with these factors below, you may be a good candidate for a liposuction procedure.
- Gynecomastia- fat under a man’s breast
- Lymphedema- fluid accumulating under skin tissues in the arms and legs that cause pain and swelling
- Lipoma- fatty tumors
- Cases of Large Weight Loss- to remove abnormalities that show after excess fat has been lost
Although there are health conditions that warrant the use of liposuction, most people opt to have liposuction surgery in Kansas City to improve their appearance. A liposuction surgeon in Kansas City can give you a quick evaluation and see if this is the right option for you if you want to improve your look.
So you may ask yourself, “What are some things to consider when searching for a liposuction surgeon near me? And should I schedule an appointment for an evaluation? Below are some answers to those questions.
- Do your research! Like any procedure, there are pros and cons to having the surgery done. Weigh the costs & benefits and discuss this with your doctor to see if liposuction is your best option. Your doctor might recommend another option that would give you your desired results.
- The results of liposuction surgery in Kansas City are often not dramatic, so they will look like a subtle change to many people. If you are looking for a significant change, this might not be the best option for you.
- Before choosing liposuction in Kansas City, think about changing your diet and exercise. It is always best to try and achieve the results naturally as it’s the safest and healthiest option. Try reaching out to a trainer at a local gym or consult the help of a nutritionist to put together a healthy eating plan.
At Associated Plastic Surgeons, we have a full staff of premier Kansas City plastic surgeons. We offer a unique blend of personalized services and professional standards that are a hallmark for plastic surgery in Kansas City. We have surgeons you can trust and results you can see.
Visit our website to request a consultation or browse our site for more information about our wide range of procedures. You can also give us a call at (913) 451-3722 to talk to our friendly staff about making an appointment.