5 Reasons to Get Botox in Overland Park — When you hear Botox, you think about people who are worrying about aging. You think about wrinkles and crow’s feet and Botox in Overland Park can definitely improve the look of those things. However, even though more than 7 million Americans get Botox for cosmetic needs, there are doctors that prescribe Botox for medical reasons.
What is Botox in Overland Park Exactly?
Makers of Botox use a bacteria called Clostridium botulinum which is harvested from natural environmental resources like lakes and forests. Subsequently, the bacteria’s spore count is low in this setting; they are not toxic to humans. Clostridium botulinum, in more substantial amounts, produces a neurotoxin called botulinum. It is only when the bacteria makes botulinum that it becomes problematic, which is why it is necessary to receive injections from professionals at our med spa in Overland Park.
What Should I Know About Botox in Overland Park?
- Botox injection is a safe, minimally invasive procedure.
- Botox is one of the most popular cosmetic procedures requested in the United States.
- Botox reduces the appearance of wrinkles by paralyzing underlying facial muscles.
Have you thought about getting a mommy makeover? Contact the best cosmetic surgeon in Overland Park to get started.
- Botox successfully treats a wide variety of medical conditions.
- Neurotoxins prevent communication between the nervous system and certain parts of the body that enables muscles to contract.
- Other than Botox, other botulin-containing products include Dysport, Xeomin, and Myobloc which each has its particular medical uses.
- Botox is an alternative to pain management.
What Medical Conditions Does Botox in Overland Park Treat? (According to Web Md)
- Chronic Migraines: Reduces frequency of headaches.
- Cervical Dystonia: Involuntary contraction of neck muscles.
- Hyperhidrosis: Excessive sweating connected to both medical and cosmetic conditions.
- Overactive Bladder Function: Reduces incontinence due to excessive bladder activity.
- Lazy Eye, Spasm, and Eye Twitch: Botox targets the muscles responsible for asymmetric eye position, spasms, and contraction of eye muscles.
Have you been considering a nose job?
Contact a leading cosmetic surgeon in Overland Park at APSKC
- Neurological and Muscle Disorders: Botulinum toxin treats medical conditions because of the relationship between contracting muscles and nerve signals. Injections disrupt the signals causing muscles to relax.
- Acne Breakouts: If you suffer from advanced acne, a tiny amount of Botox will reduce the oil production which is the primary cause of your breakouts.
- Glabellar Lines: These are the frown lines found between your eyebrows.
- Canthal lines: Also known as crow’s feet, they are the lines at the corner of your eyes.
- Hemifacial spasm: This is a neuromuscular condition that causes muscle spasms primarily on one side of your face.
If you are considering getting Botox in Overland Park and are not sure if it is right for you. Remember that Botox in Overland Park is a quick and relatively painless procedure, and you will require no after care appointments. Associated Plastic Surgeons will be available to talk you through any questions you might have about the procedure.
KC Plastic Surgeons. Surgeons you can trust. Results you can see.
Associated Plastic Surgeons is a plastic surgery clinic serving the Kansas City metro area. Our plastic surgeons, Dr. Mark W. McClung, Dr. Sheryl L. Young, Dr. Joseph V. Cannova Jr. & Dr. Jon E. Rast have performed countless successful procedures, such as breast augmentation surgery in Overland Park. These highly skilled and qualified surgeons also perform tummy tucks, facelifts, liposuction, and eyelid surgery in Overland Park on men and women.
Leave A Comment