It feels absolutely amazing to reach our goals, especially when it comes to weight loss. Whether you have watched your diet and exercised or you have had bariatric surgery, you have accomplished an incredible feat and are on your way to a new and healthier YOU! First, we want to say congratulations! Second, we want to give you some information about a possible next step in your body transformation.
After extreme weight loss, you may notice that your skin does not want to cooperate with the rest of your body. It is still saggy, limp and unattractive. This can cause a little bit of ire and a whole lot of exasperation as you look in the mirror! Your clothes are still not fitting the way you want them to and there is no way you are going to hit the beach in a bikini. This can lead to some serious doubt about all your hard work and struggles that have led you to this point. Was it worth it? The answer is YES! A full body contour can take away those stubborn rolls of excess skin and tissue, leaving behind the body that you have worked so diligently for.
So what exactly is full body contouring?
- Start by creating a firmer and shapelier face and neck, removing the double chin or “turkey neck” and smoothing out the droopy look that gives you the appearance of a permanent frown.
- Next in line will be the enhancement of your breasts. While breast implants are a popular option, they are not part of the full body contour. During the contouring process, we will lift the breasts, returning them to an upright location so they will look youthful and perky.
- The next area to be addressed will be the arms. An arm lift will remove the “wing” that hangs down from underneath your arms.
- Other areas that will be addressed include your abdomen, buttocks, thighs and groin. The surgeon will discuss your options such as abdominoplasty, thigh lift and liposuction so you can make an informed choice about which procedures will be right for you.
- The end result of full body contouring is the achievement of an all-over toned, well-formed and attractive body.
Are you ready??
This is a big question and a true and honest answer is crucial. If you are still having trouble keeping your weight off, still binge eating Oreos and ice cream in the middle of the night or still losing weight quickly after your surgery, it may not be the right time for you to get this type of surgery. Full body contouring works best for those who are able to maintain their weight for at least 6 months, who are eating healthy and have a regular exercise routine that they follow. You may have to wait up to 18 months after bariatric surgery before your weight begins to stabilize, so if you have not reached that mark, you will want to consult with your doctor to see if the procedure is appropriate for you at this point in your weight loss journey.
Another serious factor that will determine if you are ready to go ahead with surgery and will significantly impact the success of your results is your mental clarity. Do you have clear expectations? Are you comfortable with life-long scars? Are you ready to face a few weeks of pain and discomfort? These are all parts of the body contouring procedure, so you must have a strong resolve and determination during your recovery period.
Will you have just one surgery?
You and your plastic surgeon will thoroughly discuss an action plan that is tailored specifically to your needs and wants. Sometimes certain surgeries can be performed at the same time, while others may need to be spaced out so you can have time to heal before the next step is administered. It is vital that you take great care of yourself during your full body contouring procedures, making sure that you follow the aftercare procedures and sticking to the plan that was developed at the beginning. The outcome of each procedure will directly impact the following procedures so a continued recovery mindset is needed from the first surgery that you undergo until the very last one is completed.
Be sure to mention your goals, ask questions about risk and recovery and get as much information as possible during your initial consultation so you will be prepared for your whole body transformation. It is truly life changing and hey, you deserve it! Contact our office today if you are ready for a new body and a new lease on life!
Leave A Comment