HOW DOES IT WORK?
The gas is inhaled through the mouth and takes effect almost immediately. The amount of Pro-Nox required varies by patient, but this is what makes the self-administered system so great for our patients. After about 3-4 deep breaths you will feel a euphoric feeling that will melt away anxiety and reduce pain even further in combination with local anesthesia. Patients can use Pro-Nox for the duration of any procedure and have a speedy recovery allowing them to drive to and from their procedure!
IS IT SAFE?
Pro-Nox is completely safe. With minimal user controls and enhanced safety features our Pro-Nox delivery system is the safest nitrous oxide mixer available. The face mask and tubing has a one way valve and is replaced after every patient. We also test all patients using the Pro-Nox for COVID-19 and have a viral filter on the machine to make sure it’s completely safe. The effects are short-term, lasting about 10 minutes or so after the procedure if used continuously through the procedure. Patients with pre-existing respiratory illnesses or conditions should talk to the surgeon about precautions using Pro-Nox.
Important contraindications include:
- Hypersensitivity to nitrous oxide mixtures
- Head injuries with impaired consciousness
- Maxillofacial injuries
- Artificial, traumatic or spontaneous pneumothorax
- Air embolism
- Middle ear occlusion, ear infection
- Eye Surgery with intra-ocular gas injection within the last 6 weeks
- Decompression sickness
- Severe abdominal distension secondary to intra-abdominal air / intestinal obstruction
- Inability of patient to follow directions
- Inability of patient to hold own delivery device (mouthpiece or mask)
WHAT IS THE COST?
Use of Pro-Nox starts at $50 for the first hour of a procedure. After the first hour it will be $25 per additional hour. We charge in increments of a full hour only.