You may be under the impression that getting older is the only reason your skin will sag, wrinkle or have discoloration. This is not true. While aging is a factor, the truth is your skin is a precious organ that needs a lot of TLC. If we are neglecting our skin, we can begin to see signs of aging way before nature takes it course. We can easily overlook small factors that cause skin damage as we manage our busy day to day schedules. We run out the door and forget to apply sunscreen or we forego nourishing skin care treatments because we think we don’t have the time. These seemingly insignificant things, including smoking and unhealthy eating, can cause significant harm to our skin. If you begin to see skin damage, a chemical peel can help you regain a youthful, vibrant appearance. Here are some reasons why chemical peels should be part of your skin care routine:
Chemical Peels Will Help Your Skin Will Look Clearer and Healthier
Chemical peels, such as the PCA Peel, are professional skin care treatments that are used to help repair these common skin problems:
- Sign of aging- Peels will reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Discoloration- Chemical peels are used to increase cell production, which gives a brighter, more even skin tone and a smoother feel.
- Acne- Peels help to control oil productions, which in turn reduces breakouts. They can also shrink the size of the pores.
- Rosacea- PCA Peels can also reduce inflammation, the main cause of the redness and irritation that is common with rosacea.
Chemical Peels Are Safe and Effective
Our skin naturally exfoliates to shed dead cells. As we age, or our skin is damaged, the exfoliation process slows down, leaving a build-up of the dead cells. This causes our skin to look dull and feel rough. Chemical peels are used to speed up the exfoliation process. The ingredients in the peel cause the skin to shed the dead skin in one of three ways:
- Light Peeling- exfoliation on the cellular level, this means that you will not physically see the peel, but it is still happening!
- Moderate Peeling- minimal peeling or flaking over some areas of the face, similar to a sunburn or dry, winter skin.
- Heavy Peeling- intense peeling all over the face, called sheeting, that can last for several days.
Skin Peels Are for Everyone
PCA Peels are recommended for every skin type. Unlike some other skin care treatments, the main goal of the chemical peel is to stimulate your skin so that it can naturally uncover new skin that is waiting under the surface. Called cell turnover, the shedding of the dead skin produces vibrant, glowing, healthy skin that has just been waiting to show itself.
Chemical Peels Are Non-Invasive and Not Time Consuming
If you have a super-busy schedule, you can still make time for skin care. Chemical peels are non-invasive and are not time consuming. You will not have to worry about recovery time and the process itself takes about 15 to 30 minutes. You can have the treatment on your lunch break and go right back to work. An esthetician will cleanse your face and neck, apply the peel, and end with a hydrating SPF lotion. That’s it!
PCA Peels are an effective way to undo damage that is causing your skin to look old and lifeless. In just one treatment, you can change the appearance of your skin. If beautiful skin is something that you want, we offer PCA peels in our MedSpa. All of our estheticians are certified in PCA peels, which is extremely important. PCA peels are professional treatments that should be done only by someone who is certified in the procedure. This ensures that the treatment is applied correctly and aftercare instructions are given to the patient. Our estheticians will help you plan a daily and monthly skin care routine that is tailored specifically for your needs.
If you are interested in an appointment or have any questions about a PCA Peel or any other skin care treatments that we offer, please contact our office today!
Leave A Comment