But the changes to your body might not be so wonderful.
The love for a new little person is hard to beat for pure joy. You love the way the baby smells, you hang on every little gurgle, beam with pride as you bathe and feed them. You are excited as you note every new thing your baby does as they begin to grow and learn.
Yes, you were thrilled when you delivered your baby several months ago (or years ago?). And the thrill hasn’t gone away. But something else has: your pre-pregnancy body.
Sometime after the baby stopped nursing and began to become a toddler, you may have looked in the mirror and been alarmed to see that your midsection is thicker and that your breasts are less perky than they used to be. Your pre-pregnancy body is now a post-pregnancy body, and the changes you see in the mirror are unwelcome, to say the least.
Your first thought was “How can I bring back my pre-pregnancy looks?”
Exercise can help tone your tummy, but it can’t tighten your skin and repair tissues stretched during pregnancy. But there is a way to deal with them effectively.
It’s called a Mommy Makeover.
Q: What is a Mommy Makeover?
A: A Mommy Makeover is a personalized surgical plan that addresses the breast and tummy areas that have changed after pregnancy, breast feeding and weight changes. It is a combination of procedures that can help you restore your pre-pregnancy body contours.
Q: What exactly can it do?
A: A Mommy Makeover can do several things:
- Repair separated muscles and loose abdominal skin caused by pregnancy.
- Restore pre-pregnancy curves by removing stubborn fat deposits around the body.
- Reshape breasts changed by pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Help restore your feelings of sensuality and confidence.
Q: How much does all this cost?
A: On average, a Mommy Makeover costs about $8,500. To save money and reduce recovery time, we do multiple procedures at once rather than separate surgeries.
Q: What procedures should I have done?
A: That’s up to you. You can choose several procedures that hit different problem areas to tailor your treatment to your specific needs. Here are some of them:
- Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty) – An outpatient surgical procedure that removes excess skin and restores stomach muscles that have been weakened or separated. Some stretch marks may even be eliminated during the surgery, depending on where they are located. Recovery time is usually 4 to 6 weeks.
- Liposuction – An outpatient surgical procedure that reduces fat around the abdomen and flanks. Recovery time is 1 to 2 weeks.
- Breast Augmentation with or without Breast Lift (Mastopexy) – If your breasts look deflated, silicone or saline breast implants inserted into the breasts can provide more fullness. If your breasts are also sagging, a Breast Lift will bring the nipple back to the correct position in the breasts and give them a round, firm shape. Both of these procedures are outpatient, with recovery times of about 2 to 4 weeks.
- Breast Reduction – If enlarged breasts are causing you back and neck pain, you might consider a breast reduction. In this outpatient procedure, we will remove excess fat and reshape the breasts to your desired look. Recovery time is about 2 to 3 weeks.
Q: What if I’m planning to have more children?
A: A Mommy Makeover works best for women who are not planning to have more children, have a healthy diet and exercise regimen and are within their goal weight range.
Q: Will a Mommy Makeover completely restore my body to the way it looked before pregnancy?
A: During pregnancy, your body changes dramatically. Our procedures will make a noticeable, positive difference in your appearance, but everyone is different, so you should have realistic expectations for results and recovery time.
Q: If I decide a Mommy Makeover is right for me, what’s my next step?
A: Get more information about the procedure by consulting with one of our board-certified plastic surgeons. Schedule a consultation so you can have all your questions answered. Call 913-451-3711 to schedule. We look forward to seeing you!
Leave A Comment