If you are looking for that smooth look for summer, laser hair removal is a great option. Surely you have lots of questions, and the experts at laser hair removal in Kansas City, Associated Plastic Surgeons of Kansas City can help you weigh all your options. Lasers work best in the areas such as the bikini, lip, chin, and underarm.
Laser Hair Removal consists of a tiny laser that destroys the hair follicle at the root. This process stops the hair from growing in the future.
There are three main types of lasers
- Diode – used for both light and dark skin types
- Alexandrite – used for most large areas and light to olive skin types
- Nd:YAG – used on all skin types, not recommended for light or fine hair.
Who Benefits Best?
People who have dark hair tend to be the best candidate to best benefit from laser hair removal. The lasers are attracted to the pigment in hair, so the darker hair you have, the more effective the laser will be during the series of treatments. However, hair thickness and hormonal disorders can affect how many treatments are necessary to get the best result of being hair-free. Light, fine hairs on the face can be treated with dermaplaning in Kansas City, which both removes the hair and scrapes dead skin cells leaving your face with a healthy glow.
What to expect?
- Laser hair removal takes about 6-8 treatments to complete depending on the individual’s hair.
- Body hair often grows at different rates, so depending on the area of the body you choose to have the procedure can affect the timeframe.
- Pain level can vary but should not be extremely painful. Most offices provide some kind of numbing agent to make it comfortable.
A Few Things to Consider:
- Medications that are photosensitive should be stopped up to a week before the first treatment.Some common medications, such as antibiotics, are in the category of photosensitive drugs, and you should finish your course before scheduling laser hair removal in Kansas City. Chemicals such as retinoids and hydroxyl acid are common in certain face creams and should also be avoided.
- Staying consistent to receive the treatment is the most important, so don’t worry if you are menstruating; you should still attend your scheduled appointment. Just ask the staff what the best preparation is before your appointment.
- You will need to shave the area before your appointment to ensure that the laser can hit the hair follicle’s root.
- You will need to limit sun exposure and wear sunscreen to protect your skin in between treatments,
- Cost can be a factor for many; it should be seen as a long-term investment.
- Although the risks rare and minimal, they can happen. Scars, burning, and redness are a few of the potential side effects.
When considering laser hair removal in Kansas City, Associated Plastic Surgeons of Kansas City is the premier place to receive service. In addition to laser hair removal, we also provide dermaplaning in Kansas City to remove fine hairs and improve the quality of your skin. We use world-class technology, and our friendly staff is eager to give you the best service available.
Call us today at (913) 451-3722 for a consultation or contact us online for more information.