CoolSculpting is an excellent option for fat removal because you do not need to go under anesthesia, and the recovery period is significantly less than other fat removal options. Like any treatment, results depend on the individual and each person’s circumstances. Some of the top KC plastic surgeons practice here at Associated Plastic Surgeons of Kansas City, and can help you evaluate what the right options are for you to achieve your ideal results.
How to know if you are a good candidate for CoolSculpting:
- If you have some preexisting medical conditions, you should not receive CoolSculpting. Some major conditions such as Cryoglobulinemia, Cold Agglutinin Disease, and Paroxysmal Cold Hemoglobinuria, are a few that would prevent you from having this procedure.
- You should be within 10 to 15 pounds of your healthy weight range before receiving CoolSculpting. You can consult with a trainer or dietician to help you get there.
- It’s important not to take supplements or other blood thinners before treatment. This helps to speed along the healing process and minimize bruising.
Fat cells come in two forms, white and brown. White fat tissue is the most widespread throughout the body and is what your body stores to use for energy. Brown cells are less dense, burn calories and help regulate body temperature. Brown fat cells are the fat you can pinch on your body, and the presence of this fat is what makes you a good candidate for CoolSculpting in Kansas City.
The first step is to decide what area of your body you want to receive Coolsculpting in Kansas City. Everyone’s body is different, and your response to treatment will vary. Try to remember that specific results will look different for each individual.
The treatment only lasts about an hour, and you can continue with your daily activities. Some patients describe the pain as nonexistent or as a light workout. CoolSculpting in Kansas City is an excellent non-evasive way to kill fat cells that requires just a limited amount of healing time. CoolSculpting results continue to progress up to six months after treatment.
If you wonder where the best place would be to have CoolSculpting, here are few areas to consider.
- Thighs: Inner and outer thighs, “saddlebags.”
- Belly: Belly fat is one of the most common areas to receive CoolSculpting as it’s one of the hardest areas to lose with natural means.
- Arms: KC plastic surgeons can help by removing underarm fat through the process of CoolSculpting in Kansas City. A majority of people do have excess underarm skin, so talk to your doctor to see if this is the best option to get the results you want.
- Buttocks: Removing fat from the buttocks area can create smoother contoured buttocks and upper legs.
- Lower back: Love handles, mid-back and fat under the bra line can all be reduced through the procedure of CoolSculpting.
- Double chin: this is an area that is hard to change with exercise; therefore, it is a great spot to have the CoolSculpting procedure.
There are minimal side effects with CoolSculpting in Kansas City, although they do exist. In very uncommon cases, a patient could see an irregular appearance on the skin, and more common on men than on women.
If you are interested in CoolSculpting to help eliminate the fat you cannot seem to get rid of with diet and exercise, Associated Plastic Surgeons of Kansas City has unmatched experience when it comes to liposuction surgery in Kansas City.
Call (913) 451-3722 today to schedule a consultation or contact us online to find out how CoolSculpting can help you reach your ideal body.