The decision to have rhinoplasty surgery in Leawood is not something to be taken lightly. You should only choose the best Leawood plastic surgeons for this procedure so you can put your mind at ease, along with a few tips before making the leap. There are a few things to consider before deciding to have a nose job. There are different reasons you may want to have rhinoplasty surgery in Leawood: Is it cosmetic? Or is it necessary for other reasons?
What Is Rhinoplasty?
Rhinoplasty is a specialized surgery of the nose that may improve its appearance and proportion to enhance facial harmony and confidence. Rhinoplasty by the best Leawood plastic surgeons may also correct impaired breathing caused by structural defects in the nose. If you desire a more symmetrical nose, keep in mind that everyone’s face is asymmetric to some degree. Because most rhinoplasty procedures aim to create facial balance, your results may not be completely symmetrical.
To help you make the right decision for you, we have put together a short list of things to do before choosing rhinoplasty surgery in Leawood.
- Do your research BEFORE you book your nose job. You should have clear expectations and discuss them with the best Leawood plastic surgeons. Know what you want to achieve, and make sure you choose the right surgeon for you.
- There are two types of nose jobs. There is closed rhinoplasty and open rhinoplasty. Closed can usually go back to work within a week, but it depends on the surgeon. Open takes much longer. Make sure you understand what is happening. When Rhinoplasty surgery in Leawood is performed, recovery time is always communicated with the patient.
- Rhinoplasty results take time. It takes about 12 months to see the results fully.
- A non-surgical rhinoplasty is sometimes an option. Sometimes there is a dermal filler option. Ask the best plastic surgeons in Leawood if this is a viable option for you.
- Results will differ from patient to patient. You can expect there to be swelling after the procedure. You will have to wear a cast over the area as well.
- There is aftercare. You will have to take time off in order to recover fully. Though discomfort is common, it’s usually manageable with medication. You may return to light activity as soon as you feel ready, normally a few days after surgery.
- Anyone can have rhinoplasty surgery in Leawood. Rhinoplasty is best performed when the growth of the face is complete, which usually occurs around age 15. Patients should also have positive outlooks with specific, realistic goals in mind for improving their images.
If you’d like to learn more about rhinoplasty at Associated Plastic Surgeons, call our office at (913) 451-3722. You can also request your consultation online.
KC Plastic Surgeons. Surgeons you can trust. Results you can see.
Associated Plastic Surgeons is a plastic surgery clinic serving the Kansas City metro area. Our plastic surgeons, Dr. Mark W. McClung, Dr. Sheryl L. Young, Dr. Joseph V. Cannova Jr. & Dr. Jon E. Rast have performed countless successful procedures, such as breast augmentation surgery in Leawood. These highly skilled and qualified surgeons also perform tummy tucks, facelifts, liposuction, and eyelid surgery in Leawood, for men and women.
Keep in mind that each patient is unique and your results may vary.