Chemical peels have been around for decades but have grown in popularity over the last few years. This is because they provide excellent results in the overall look of your skin. As people age, their skin becomes less vibrant and begins showing signs of aging, like wrinkles and discoloration. This is when people look into anti-aging procedures like dermaplaning or more involved procedures such as chemical peels.
Before you commit to any procedure, it’s a good idea to do some research and learn some of the associated benefits and risks. Here are a few of the top things to think about if you consider chemical peels in Kansas City.
What Exactly is a Chemical Peel?
A chemical peel in Kansas City is a procedure that uses a chemical compound applied to your face. This will cause the damaged skin layers to peel off over a period of 1-2 weeks. The end result leaves a much smoother, youthful-looking skin layer, giving you an anti-aging effect.
If you are not happy with the look, texture, or appearance of the skin on your face, it might be time to consider this procedure. Here are some other common conditions that can be improved by using chemical peel treatment:
- Wrinkles and fine lines created from aging, sun damage, or other factors
- Acne scars
- Small scarring due to skin damage from external factors
- Discoloration from the sun, aging, or skin tone changes due to other medical conditions
- Dark patches, due to pregnancy, hormones, or sun damage
- Skin texture inconsistencies, such as dull skin, or scaly/rough patches that don’t go away
Although chemical peels work for most people, it’s essential to consult with cosmetic surgeons in Kansas City to determine if this is the best option to achieve your desired results.
There can be some possible risks associated with this treatment with any procedure. These include:
- Temporary redness, swelling, and scabbing of your face. This is often not permanent, but in some rare cases it is; but can be treated to minimize this result.
- Changes in the color of your skin.
- Possible infection, especially those that have herpes, a flare-up can occur.
- Heart, kidney, or liver damage can occur, but it is rare. This can be significantly diminished with the limit of time the chemical stays on your face and when being overseen by a plastic surgery med spa in Kansas City.
After your procedure, you might experience some redness, mild pain, and peeling, which are all normal. You will need to make sure and cover your face with a protective ointment given by your doctor and remember to stay out of the sun. Once you are fully healed, you will start to see excellent results, including:
- Smoother skin and a softer appearance
- More even skin tone
- Less fine lines and wrinkles
Although the results are not permanent, if you protect your skin from further damage, they can be long-lasting.
At Associated Plastic Surgeons, you can be assured that our med spa in Kansas City is staffed with only the highest qualified doctors, nurses, and staff to ensure that your experience is safe, and you end up with beautiful results. Check out our website to fill out a contact form and receive a free consultation, or give us a call at (913) 451-3722 to set up an appointment today!